Friday, May 4, 2012

Turtlemeter Baby Floating Turtle Thermometer Great Product, Didn't last

Turtlemeter, the Baby Bath Floating Turtle Toy and Bath Tub Thermometer
Turtlemeter, the Baby Bath Floating Turtle Toy and Bath Tub Thermometer Read more...

  • Fun and Safe Bath Toy that doubles as a Bath Thermometer.
  • Instantly Activates in Water, Floats Naturally and Fully Submersible.
  • Introducing the "Turtlemeter," safe and fun for child and mom, a happy bath for your little one!
  • Display Water Temperature with 3 Screen Colors: Blue for Cold, Green for Just Right, and Red for Hot.
  • Checks the bath Water temperature every second and display it in Fahrenheit on an easy-to-read LCD.

  • Love it but only lasted 8 months. I am debating ordering a new one of these. It lasted us exactly 8 months before one of the sensors stopped working. We replaced the batteries once or twice. I'm also noticing that the price has gone up about four dollars since I last purchased it.
    No more guessing Great product although It's a little bit pricy for a tub thermometer. It gives accurate temperature so I don't need to guess if the water is too hot for my new baby. I usually will let my baby play in the water till the water temperature go down to 97.
    Great Investment for Bath Time! I purchased this Turtle Thermometer from Moderna Housewares via Amazon. My order arrived on time and in good condition. The thermometer works great and instantly reads the temperature and gives a color reading indicating is the water is too cold blue just right green or too hot red. Along with the color indicator it also continuously gives a temperature reading. The digital display is easy to read as well. The turtle instantly turns on and off when placed or removed from the water. If the turtle does not turn off immediately after removing from the bath water give it a couple of shakes and it will do the trick. Over all I would purchase the turtle thermometer again for a friend or family and I would also make purchases from Moderna Housewares via Amazon as well.
    Great at first We loved this at first but after a few months condensation/water appeared in the LCD and the temperature reading stopped working. I contacted the company directly and they promptly provided a replacement. The new one however stopped working after only a few weeks! This product would be great and fun if it were more durable.
    I use this every bath! So glad I got this thermometer! It is durable cuteand accurate! My older child likes really warm baths but I was nervous about the right temp for our new baby this helps and it is so easy to use. You just put it in the water and about 15 seconds later the temp is ready. The top lights up blue if too cold green if just right and red if too hot usually over 100101 it takes the guess work out of getting bath right. A few times I thought water was fine but when I put the turtle in I had it too hot. The only thing is make sure you wipe the bottom dry when you take it out of water or it will stay on. It turns off right away once bottom is dried.
    Good product but doesn't last BUT Ozeri will replace New item works great! We got this back in October. We liked it among other choices because it was the only one with a number read out for the actual temperature rather than a simple color change or indicator for within or outside of safe range. Our baby liked playing with it in the tub. But last month less than 6 months after purchase it stopped working. It appears to have gotten water in the plastic housing where the electronics are located and no longer works. We tried taking it apart to let it dry but it still is not working. We will probably buy another one since it is a model that has a number read out but be warned that this item doesn't last long.April 2012 We contacted the company to explain that the orginal item had stopped working. Within hours they sent us a email response and offered to replace the item for us. They requested that we return the malfunctioning one and provided a free return label. We recieved the replacement item in about a week. We are happy to say that the replacement items works perfectly. We were more than impressed with thier customer service and timely full resolution to our issue. We would purchase this product again and wouldn't hesitate to contact the company in the future if needed. We are happy and satisfied customers.
    Great Product Didn't last We have had this product about 7 months and been very good about leaving it out of the water once we are done so it turns off and hopefully lastIt still died in 7 months and no longer changes the temperature on the readout. Boo. Good concept bad quality.
    Use it in my bath! I'm pregnant and was missing my own baths I love to soak. There's all the worry about getting too hot and hurting the baby/fetus who can't sweat in there. Well in all the baby books I've read baths are ok when you're pregnant as long as you don't go over 100 degrees or so. Reading that I remembered this little turtle from my baby registry and went ahead and purchased it for my own baths! still for the baby sort ofIt worked right out of the packaging it's got little sensors on the bottom that form a circuit in the water nothing for you to turn on batteries are already installed.It hasn't given me any trouble.And I was pleased to know that 100 degrees actually is still a comfortably nice warm bath for me. Without this thermometer I probably would have erred on the side of colder than I needed to go.Anyway I've been using this for me and I have no doubt I will also be using it for my baby when she gets here. Very pleased. Easy to use easy to read. No issues.Also this turtle is adorable and playful. I think this little bath turtle will be a fun bathtime friend in addition to just being functional.
    does the job but not great I bought this thermometer to replace the other turtle thermometer you can buy from Summer Infant because the batteries ran out and can't be replaced. I like the Summer Infant one better as it was MUCH MORE ACCURATE with the actual bath temperature. This one you put it in the tub and it spikes to 105F immediately and starts flashing red. The temperature doesn't come back to the green zone until the bath water is almost cold. I didn't think the temperature reading was right so I checked it with another thermometer and found it to be about three degrees off! Knowing that it is miss calibrated I just keep any eye on the reading and does refer to the color it is flashing. OK but not exactly what you want to do.Cute and my son enjoys playing with it but I probably won't buy it again.
    It Farts! I received this item shortly after my daughter was born and I loved it. The temperatures are accurate enough to the touch and when you are in a position where you can't see the number the colors glow to tell you. Around the 2 month I dropped it and now you can only see the numbers at an angle but the light still works.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • Duckymeter, the Baby Bath Floating Toy and Bath Tub Thermometer Excellent It is pretty rare these days to get something that is safe and fun to play with AND is functional and potentially very important at protecting your little ones. My wife and I tested it multiple times to make ...Read the full

    • Munchkin Shampoo Rinser, Colors May Vary Practical I use this to bathe my infant. I still don't use the flexible contour against my baby's head so I can't comment on how well it works to keep the water from her eyes but I do use it to rinse her head and other body parts. I looked ...Read the full

    • Skip Hop Moby Bath Spout Cover, Whale does the job It covers the spout so when my kids stand up they won't hit the metal spout. This covers the spout very well and it can be tightened by pulling on the flipper on either side. Probably won't work with a spout without a shower ...Read the full

    • Fisher-Price Rainforest Melodies and Lights Deluxe Gym Great playmat!!!!! My son has been using this playmat since he was 2 months old. He is now 7 months and still reaches for it daily. He has learned to flip it over so he can reach the higher toys. I have yet to replace the batteries and everything still works great. ...Read the full

    • Aquatopia Deluxe Safety Easy Bath Kneeler, Blue I love this! It really saves my back and my knees! I love the pockets on the front and that it folds up when you're not using it. Also love that the suction cups keep it in place.Edit I have had this for about 3 months now and it gets awful ...Read the full

    No comments:

    Turtlemeter Baby Floating Turtle Thermometer Great Product, Didn't last Post a Comment

    toys bath Popular Posts